Connellsville to discuss sale of Zach Connell school building
Connellsville Area School Board will discuss selling the Zachariah Connell Elementary School building at a meeting on Wednesday night.
School board members agreed on Monday night to place the issue on this week's agenda.
The board decided to close Zachariah Connell Elementary about two years ago during a school reorganization plan. At that time, a group of parents opposed the closing.
Since then, the board has discussed either selling or reopening the school.
The school board also is expected to consider:
• Hiring supplemental contract positions, including coaches.
• Participating in the Bureau of Career & Technical Education's Technical Assistance Program for the 2014-15 school year.
• Approving the revised kindergarten through sixth-grade writing program, starting with the 2014-15 school year.
• Requesting approval for David McDonald to attend Student Assistance Program training at St. Vincent College in Latrobe Nov. 17-19 at an approximate cost of $400, which will be paid from Title 1 Professional Development Funds.
• Requesting approval of the contract between Intermediate Unit 1 and the Connellsville Area School District for instructional coaches at a cost of $108,000 to be paid from Title 1 Professional Development Funds, beginning Aug. 1 this year through June 30, 2015.
• Approving the contract between Intermediate Unit 1 and the Connellsville Area School District for Title 1 as proposed.
Cindy Ekas is a contributing writer.