Smithfield boy, 17, found after being reported missing
A 17-year-old boy with autism who was reported missing on Friday evening was found later that night, police said.
Michael D. Bassinger of Smithfield, Fayette County, went missing about 5 p.m. Friday. He had been last seen riding a mountain bike and wearing a gray T-shirt and dark-blue shorts, according to police.
Bassinger has the mental capacity of a small child, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- DA’s office recused from Fayette man’s $110K cocaine case
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Fayette County Salary Board adds jobs, OKs additional hirings
- Fayette deputy warden asks for more guards
- Connellsville Area’s $4.8M budget gap raises specter of layoffs
- Porterfield: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company will hold its 15th annual golf outing
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Lineup set for Lions Club’s annual Kids Fest in Connellsville
- Young Connellsville maestro composes, conducts