Smithfield boy, 17, found after being reported missing
A 17-year-old boy with autism who was reported missing on Friday evening was found later that night, police said.
Michael D. Bassinger of Smithfield, Fayette County, went missing about 5 p.m. Friday. He had been last seen riding a mountain bike and wearing a gray T-shirt and dark-blue shorts, according to police.
Bassinger has the mental capacity of a small child, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Father-and-son blacksmiths still firing up forge in Farmington
- Warrant issued for Hopwood man accused of burglary
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Connellsville foundation preserves local theater treasure
- Members of Dawson church to continue Palm Sunday tradition
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Defects identified in Fayette County man fighting death penalty in slayings
- Connellsville area’s secular, parochial schools push students to excel academically, technologically, leaders say
- Seton Hill student to run for Connellsville Council
- Dormant Connellsville community committee donates $3.7K