Connellsville man charged in shooting
A Connellsville man has been charged with shooting another man during a domestic dispute Tuesday evening.
Connellsville police charged John Wrote, 66, with attempted criminal homicide, aggravated assault and three counts of recklessly endangering another person.
Police have not released the name of the victim, who was flown by medical helicopter from a landing zone at the South Connellsville Playground to UPMC Presbyterian.
As of press time, police did not have an update on the victim's condition.
Police were called to the domestic dispute at a home in the 300 block of Patterson Avenue at 5:41 p.m.
According to Connellsville police Chief Jim Capitos, police received a second call while en route to the scene that a male had been shot.
Police arrived to find a man lying between two houses, bleeding from his stomach and his side.
Police said the shotgun allegedly used in the shooting was recovered from the scene. Police said the shotgun was fired at a neighboring house, where two people were inside.
Wrote was arraigned at the Fayette County Booking Center.
He will have a preliminary hearing before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. As of press time, no date had been set.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- Mt. Zion Christian Academy holding huge yard sale
- PA Core Standards concern many
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- Refurbishing Uniontown church’s grotto is Eagle Scout project
- Public invited to tour Connellsville Area Senior High School on Saturday