Robbery charges dismissed against Uniontown man
Charges against a Uniontown man who was allegedly involved in the robbery of two Connellsville residents at Gibson Terrace were dismissed on Thursday.
Juanya Knopsnider, 18, had been charged with robbery, conspiracy, terroristic threats, reckless endangerment, simple assault, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property, defiant trespass and harassment.
The charges were dropped by District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr. when the victim did not present himself to testify.
Knopsnider was accused of conspiring with Cody Darrell of Connellsville to rob two people after asking them to play basketball at 10 p.m. June 13 at Gibson Terrace in Connellsville.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, Darrell hit one of the victims and put him in a choke hold at knifepoint and put a gun to the other victim's back and threatened to kill him if he didn't empty his pockets. Knopsnider was present during the robbery.
Police said $170 was stolen from the victims.
Knopsnider was lodged in the Fayette County Prison on $50,000 bail since June 16.
The charges against Darrell were held for county court with his trial scheduled to begin at 8 a.m. Dec. 8 in the Fayette County Courthouse.
Mark Hofmann is a Trib Total Media staff writer. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Uniontown man charged with taking $16K from PTO
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay