Chalk Hill man charged in fatal Bullskin crash
Homicide by vehicle and other charges were filed against a Chalk Hill man stemming from a fatal vehicle collision in 2013.
This week, Daniel Linn Evans Sr., 58, of 46 LaFayette Trail was charged with homicide by vehicle, careless driving, reckless driving and other traffic violations before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
The charges were the result of a vehicle collision at the intersection of Route 119 and Kingview Road on April 4, 2013, when a Ford F-150 driven by Evans collided with a 1991 Chrysler Imperial driven by Darrell B. Bonomo, 63, of Export. Bonomo was pronounced dead at the scene from injuries suffered in the collision.
According to state police at Uniontown, Evans failed to stop at a red light as he was traveling along Route 119 in Bullskin and his pickup struck the driver's side door of Bonomo's vehicle as it was traveling through the intersection.
Evans, who was transported to Uniontown Hospital for minor injuries, told police that he was driving south in the passing lane and attempted to move into the driving lane after checking his vehicle mirrors.
Evans told police he looked backward and forward and then noticed a car pulling onto Route 119 from his right and he could not avoid hitting it. He told police that as far as he knew, the light was green.
According to court documents, witnesses at the scene told police the truck went through a red light before striking the car.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Evans before Haggerty at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Evans is free on $20,000 unsecured bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- Police: Suspect in Uniontown woman’s shooting death considered armed, dangerous
- Connellsville man sentenced to prison for role in armed robbery of pizza deliverer
- Fayette County board OKs Energy Corp. of America to pump water from river for drilling site
- St. Raymond of the Mountains hosting Lenten dinners
- South Union man who posed as Air Force pilot gets probation
- Connellsville Area Garden Club seeks design input for park upgrade
- Connellsville chamber dinner honors residents who make difference