Police hunt for North Union shooter
State police in Fayette County are seeking information on a shooting that left two people wounded in North Union Wednesday night.
Jared William Rivera, 29, of Uniontown, and Mark Samuel Goldbert, 29, of Clarksburg, W. Va., were shot at 8:26 p.m. on Varndell Street, said police in a statement.
Both men were taken to unidentified hospitals. Police gave no information on the men's injuries.
An unknown black male is believed to have been involved, police said.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call Trooper James L. Garlick at 724-439-7111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Everson volunteer firefighters set to sell hoagies
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Fayette County judge refuses to dismiss dragging case against Hiller man
- Connellsville Area High School Patriots participate in Wreaths Across America
- Torture argument allowed in Connellsville homicide case
- Uniontown raid leads to 2 drug arrests
- Lynn: Hunters can share their deer with food banks
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash