Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
A Glenville woman was killed Friday evening when a van crashed into a motorcycle on Bruceton Road in Henry Clay Township.
Kelly J. Oberdick-Palmer, 55, was a passenger on the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at Ruby Memorial Hospital, where she was airlifted after the crash, according to police. The motorcycle's driver, Loren D. Riebling, 49, of Glenville, was injured in the crash. The severity of his injuries is unknown. Both were wearing helmets.
According to police, the Chevrolet Express van driven by Ira D. Hammond, 44, of Confluence, was traveling south when it crossed into the opposite lane at about 5:37 p.m., hitting the northbound motorcycle. Hammond was uninjured.
The van is owned by RJT Trucking, a contractor for FedEx, according to police.
State Route 281 was closed for four hours after the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville zoning board approves variances
- Connellsville police investigating vandalism incidents
- Connellsville officers get bulletproof vests
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed
- Connellsville’s $3.1M tentative budget includes tax hike
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Preliminary parking plan submitted for new Connellsville hotel
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam