Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
A Glenville woman was killed Friday evening when a van crashed into a motorcycle on Bruceton Road in Henry Clay Township.
Kelly J. Oberdick-Palmer, 55, was a passenger on the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at Ruby Memorial Hospital, where she was airlifted after the crash, according to police. The motorcycle's driver, Loren D. Riebling, 49, of Glenville, was injured in the crash. The severity of his injuries is unknown. Both were wearing helmets.
According to police, the Chevrolet Express van driven by Ira D. Hammond, 44, of Confluence, was traveling south when it crossed into the opposite lane at about 5:37 p.m., hitting the northbound motorcycle. Hammond was uninjured.
The van is owned by RJT Trucking, a contractor for FedEx, according to police.
State Route 281 was closed for four hours after the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Perryopolis holds line on real-estate taxes
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Celebration of song welcomes season of giving in Connellsville
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Everson OKs spending plan without tax hike
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Man faces multiple charges after chase in Uniontown