Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
A Glenville woman was killed Friday evening when a van crashed into a motorcycle on Bruceton Road in Henry Clay Township.
Kelly J. Oberdick-Palmer, 55, was a passenger on the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at Ruby Memorial Hospital, where she was airlifted after the crash, according to police. The motorcycle's driver, Loren D. Riebling, 49, of Glenville, was injured in the crash. The severity of his injuries is unknown. Both were wearing helmets.
According to police, the Chevrolet Express van driven by Ira D. Hammond, 44, of Confluence, was traveling south when it crossed into the opposite lane at about 5:37 p.m., hitting the northbound motorcycle. Hammond was uninjured.
The van is owned by RJT Trucking, a contractor for FedEx, according to police.
State Route 281 was closed for four hours after the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Patsy Cline tribute coming to Connellsville theater
- Man injured in North Union fire
- Canteen displays dish out pieces of Connellsville history
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Mystery writer to sign books at ArtWorks Connellsville
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Uniontown woman goes on trial as driver in fatal wreck
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville