Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
A Glenville woman was killed Friday evening when a van crashed into a motorcycle on Bruceton Road in Henry Clay Township.
Kelly J. Oberdick-Palmer, 55, was a passenger on the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at Ruby Memorial Hospital, where she was airlifted after the crash, according to police. The motorcycle's driver, Loren D. Riebling, 49, of Glenville, was injured in the crash. The severity of his injuries is unknown. Both were wearing helmets.
According to police, the Chevrolet Express van driven by Ira D. Hammond, 44, of Confluence, was traveling south when it crossed into the opposite lane at about 5:37 p.m., hitting the northbound motorcycle. Hammond was uninjured.
The van is owned by RJT Trucking, a contractor for FedEx, according to police.
State Route 281 was closed for four hours after the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette DA urges end to verbal warfare
- New Fayette County polling places set for Tuesday’s election
- CAHS announces 2015 spring musical
- Fayette trick-or-treaters will have to bundle up
- Annual book sale to be held Saturday at Connellsville’s Carnegie library
- Skyliners to perform in Connellsville
- CAHS Patriots to host veterans luncheon
- Inaugural event to initiate Arts Endowment program set for Connellsville
- More than 100 attend preview of video project ‘Faces and Voices of Connellsville’ at library
- School program to offer incentives to keep elementary students reading in Connellsville
- Florida man warns Connellsville junior high schoolers about smoking dangers