Saltsburg man was arrested for alleged stabbing
A 23-year-old Saltsburg man was arrested Saturday morning and will be charged with aggravated assault for stabbing another borough man in the leg area, state police at the Indiana barracks said.
Kenneth R. Bell, 25, of Saltsburg was flown by medical helicopter to UPMC Presbyterian hospital after he was stabbed several times in the leg and buttocks with a large, 4-inch knife, police said in news release.
Police said another Saltsburg man has been charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and recklessly endangering another person in the attack that occurred in the area of 718 Salt St. around 1 a.m.
However, online records for the state judicial system indicate that the charges have not yet been filed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Accused killer from Saltsburg charged with plotting escape
- Blairsville woman’s quilt captures top prize at Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Man gets 15 to 30 years in Indiana County walking trail slaying
- Similar conservation efforts lead to merger of nonprofits active in Kiski-Conemaugh River Basin
- Local painter’s public, private work rediscovered for Blairsville exhibit
- Blairsville woman struck by car remains in Pittsburgh hospital
- Blairsville Borough adds new car to police fleet
- Blairsville-Saltsburg study cites savings in school merger
- Indiana County expects to save more than $2M by refinancing
- Evergreen Conservancy seeks pledges from businesses
- Woman who says she was roughed up during traffic stop sues Indiana, police, seeks $500K