Homer City’s mayor resigns from area parks and recreation board
By Greg Reinbold
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 3, 2013
After narrowly making its quorum Wednesday evening, Homer City Borough Council voted to accept two resignations, held an executive session for personnel, and ratified and approved bills.
Joe Iezzi, Matt Black, Chris Worcester and Elizabeth Brown were the council members present for the meeting.
Mayor Kenneth ‘Cal' Cecconi offered his resignation from the Homer-Center Parks and Recreation board, which was accepted by a 4-0 vote. Cecconi encouraged the council to fill the vacancy with one of its own members.
“I think there should be a council member, a (Center) Township supervisor and somebody from the school district (on the Parks and Recreation board) because it would stop a lot of this lack of communication between the entities,” Cecconi said.
Iezzi suggested the council discuss Cecconi's proposal at next month's meeting when more council members are present.
The council also accepted the resignation of part-time borough police officer Francis Plummer, effective retroatcively to Dec. 18, by a 4-0 vote. Plummer cited scheduling conflicts as the reason for his resignation.
Cecconi said the borough is not looking to fill the position at this time.
Greg Reinbold is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-459-6100, ext. 2913 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- ObamaCare in action
- Denigrating medicine: ObamaCare turns physicians into assembly line workers
- Donora physician, wife were victims of disaster
- Morgan Contemporary Glass’ teapots exhibit pours on the creativity
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Munhall officer brought compassion, calm to job
- Fox sarcasm
- Hospital reaches out to first responders
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.