Crash kills Indiana County man
Man dies in crash on Route 217
A 20-year-old Indiana County man died on Saturday after he lost control of his sport utility vehicle on a foggy Route 217 in Blacklick, according to the county coroner.
Thomas Wayne Kelgran of Center Township died in the crash about a mile south of Blacklick Road, Coroner Michael Baker said in a news release.
Kelgran's vehicle traveled over the road shoulder and struck several trees, Baker said.
County 911 received a call about the accident at 6:22 a.m. Kelgran, who suffered blunt force trauma to the head and chest, was trapped in his vehicle for some time, Baker said.
No autopsy is planned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Keystone Opportunity tax abatements spur business growth in Indiana County
- Burrell supervisors accept dividend check, set cleanup dates
- Former Indiana County teacher pleads to lesser charges in student rape case
- Penguins Foundation gifts Kindles to Homer-Center Elementary
- Former Indiana County teacher McCullough pleads to lesser charges in student rape
- Growing Blairsville firm honored for investment in work force
- Tree trimming to curtail traffic on Route 286
- Programs keep young workers on ‘TRACK’ for local employment
- Blairsville authority to proceed with housing infrastructure work, scale back condos
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City