Crash kills Indiana County man
Man dies in crash on Route 217
A 20-year-old Indiana County man died on Saturday after he lost control of his sport utility vehicle on a foggy Route 217 in Blacklick, according to the county coroner.
Thomas Wayne Kelgran of Center Township died in the crash about a mile south of Blacklick Road, Coroner Michael Baker said in a news release.
Kelgran's vehicle traveled over the road shoulder and struck several trees, Baker said.
County 911 received a call about the accident at 6:22 a.m. Kelgran, who suffered blunt force trauma to the head and chest, was trapped in his vehicle for some time, Baker said.
No autopsy is planned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blairsville eyes extended trail routes
- Lighting cost reduced for United High School project
- Burrell supervisors earmark funding for water extension
- Blairsville-Saltsburg considers options for pending food service vacancy
- Candidates for 62nd District House seat air clashing views on state tax revenues
- Old school days recalled at Keith reunion on IUP campus
- Indiana County receives donation for new veterans transport van
- Former United facilities head fills post at Homer-Center School District
- Armagh artist gets posthumous showcase at Indiana museum
- Man accused of sexual contact with teen in Indiana County
- Aging Services to display renovations for Indiana Social Center’s 25th anniversary