Crash kills Indiana County man
Man dies in crash on Route 217
A 20-year-old Indiana County man died on Saturday after he lost control of his sport utility vehicle on a foggy Route 217 in Blacklick, according to the county coroner.
Thomas Wayne Kelgran of Center Township died in the crash about a mile south of Blacklick Road, Coroner Michael Baker said in a news release.
Kelgran's vehicle traveled over the road shoulder and struck several trees, Baker said.
County 911 received a call about the accident at 6:22 a.m. Kelgran, who suffered blunt force trauma to the head and chest, was trapped in his vehicle for some time, Baker said.
No autopsy is planned.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Saltsburg Elementary School eyed for disaster preparedness site
- Tours, tastings will be part of experience next month at Homer City distillery
- Increase in state funding still below local schools’ expectations
- St. Andrew’s Village campus is getting household makeover
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Variety of habitats provides plenty of viewing opportunities for local birders
- Hearing waived for man charged in Black Lick Township overdose death
- Burrell park board seeks donations for annual picnic
- Postal Service plans to cut office hours at Brush Valley, Lucernemines
- Path mapped out to boost Saltsburg trail tourism
- IRMC lifestyle change program helps women address health risks