Police: 5 men rob trio in White apartment
State police in Indiana County are investigating a home invasion and armed robbery Wednesday by five men.
Police said that the men, armed with knives, forced their way into an apartment along Medlar Drive in White. According to police, the assailants attacked three occupants, all of Indiana, at about 4 a.m.
Police said that once inside, the attackers put knives to the throats of the three and attacked one of them by striking him several times. The assailants demanded money, then took money from the home and fled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Indiana County coroner: Death of 19-year-old student found on IUP campus not suspicious
- Indiana County man given up to 3 years for DUI crash
- Burrell supervisors call for county to extend reassessment appeals period
- Blairsville-Saltsburg hires teachers, expands field trip policy
- Enrollment increases at Homer-Center School District
- Blairsville-Saltsburg adds visitor ID checks to school security procedures
- 10-year-old Blairsville violinist’s expulsion over knife challenged
- Indiana County property reassessment generates questions, additional mailings
- Indiana County judge denies petition to remove assessment appeals board member