Indiana County coroner hasn't ruled on death of frozen man
Coroner hasn't ruled on death of frozen man
The cause of death for an Indiana County man whose frozen body was discovered Friday evening likely will not be determined until toxicology tests are completed, the coroner said.
Christopher Brandner, 28, of Glen Campbell, was found dead in a vacant lot adjacent to 156 Glenwood Ave., Coroner Michael Baker said.
Though authorities believe Brandner was involved in a fight before his death, Baker ruled that did not significantly contribute to his death. He did not die of hypothermia, Baker said.
Baker said toxicology tests likely will be the deciding factor in determining the cause of death.
State police at the Punxsutawney barracks and the Indiana County District Attorney's office are involved in the investigation, Baker said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nonprofit plans to keep Blairsville WyoTech campus open as part of $24 million purchase
- Pipeline project could bring thousands of construction jobs to Burrell Township
- Burrell Township approves tentative 2015 budget with no tax hike
- Students will join B.E. Taylor in annual holiday charity concert
- Indiana County tax rate to remain steady in final year of reassessment
- Four of five Blairsville-Saltsburg schools improve state performance scores
- Blairsville-Saltsburg School Board considers options for reconfiguring grades
- Homer-Center School District names final member of new foundation board
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- Indiana County earmarks funds for improvements to rental housing
- United School District considers converting boilers for natural gas