Indiana County coroner hasn't ruled on death of frozen man
Coroner hasn't ruled on death of frozen man
The cause of death for an Indiana County man whose frozen body was discovered Friday evening likely will not be determined until toxicology tests are completed, the coroner said.
Christopher Brandner, 28, of Glen Campbell, was found dead in a vacant lot adjacent to 156 Glenwood Ave., Coroner Michael Baker said.
Though authorities believe Brandner was involved in a fight before his death, Baker ruled that did not significantly contribute to his death. He did not die of hypothermia, Baker said.
Baker said toxicology tests likely will be the deciding factor in determining the cause of death.
State police at the Punxsutawney barracks and the Indiana County District Attorney's office are involved in the investigation, Baker said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana planning workshop elicits suggestions for traffic, housing improvements
- Directors OK expansion of emergency generator at Blairsville High as school recovers from electrical fire
- Burrell Township awards bids for spring road materials
- IUP student accused of DUI, fleeing police
- Indiana County drugs-for-sex doc given shorter sentence
- Potential commercial conversion sparks neighbors’ concerns on Blairsville’s South Walnut Street