Indiana County Wal-Mart cashier pleads guilty in $255,000 coupon-for-cash scam
A former employee of Wal-Mart in Burrell Township will be sentenced on June 28 for devising a coupon-for-cash scheme to steal $255,439 over two years.
Eileen H. Zimmerman, 39, of Homer City pleaded guilty before President Judge William J. Martin to felony theft.
Zimmerman, who was arrested in May, was responsible for balancing the day's sales involving coupons at the store just outside Blairsville.
State police in Indiana said an investigation began after a clearance house that pays Wal-Mart for coupons reported a discrepancy of about $75,000 over a few months. Store auditors and police examined videos and store records to calculate the amount stolen since 2010.
Zimmerman is free on bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Accused killer from Saltsburg charged with plotting escape
- Blairsville woman struck by car remains in Pittsburgh hospital
- Man gets 15 to 30 years in Indiana County walking trail slaying
- Similar conservation efforts lead to merger of nonprofits active in Kiski-Conemaugh River Basin
- Pop hits, intricate moves in the mix for Blairsville-based square dancers
- Indiana County expects to save more than $2M by refinancing
- Local painter’s public, private work rediscovered for Blairsville exhibit
- Blairsville woman’s quilt captures top prize at Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Blairsville Borough adds new car to police fleet
- Blairsville-Saltsburg study cites savings in school merger