Indiana Borough man charged with rape
A 33-year-old Indiana man was charged Saturday with raping an Indiana County woman.
Rory Jay Green, an employee of Wolfendale's bar, was charged by Indiana Borough Police Department with rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and sexual assault.
He was jailed after failing to post $50,000 bond set by Clymer District Judge George Thachik.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Indiana Borough police Officer John Scherf, Green entered the victim's residence on Saturday after leaving work early in the morning hours. Scherf alleges in the affidavit that Green entered her bedroom and locked the door.
Green then allegedly assaulted the victim without her consent.
The victim reported the assault to police that morning and said she knew her alleged attacker.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled before Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increase in state funding still below local schools’ expectations
- Postal Service plans to cut office hours at Brush Valley, Lucernemines
- Former Saltsburg Elementary School eyed for disaster preparedness site
- Hearing waived for man charged in Black Lick Township overdose death
- Burrell park board seeks donations for annual picnic
- St. Andrew’s Village campus is getting household makeover
- Variety of habitats provides plenty of viewing opportunities for local birders
- Path mapped out to boost Saltsburg trail tourism
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Infant suffers head injuries in Indiana County crash