Indiana Borough man charged with rape
A 33-year-old Indiana man was charged Saturday with raping an Indiana County woman.
Rory Jay Green, an employee of Wolfendale's bar, was charged by Indiana Borough Police Department with rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and sexual assault.
He was jailed after failing to post $50,000 bond set by Clymer District Judge George Thachik.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Indiana Borough police Officer John Scherf, Green entered the victim's residence on Saturday after leaving work early in the morning hours. Scherf alleges in the affidavit that Green entered her bedroom and locked the door.
Green then allegedly assaulted the victim without her consent.
The victim reported the assault to police that morning and said she knew her alleged attacker.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled before Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former United facilities head fills post at Homer-Center School District
- Lighting cost reduced for United High School project
- Blairsville-Saltsburg considers options for pending food service vacancy
- Indiana County receives donation for new veterans transport van
- Candidates for 62nd District House seat air clashing views on state tax revenues
- Blairsville eyes extended trail routes
- Burrell supervisors earmark funding for water extension
- Old school days recalled at Keith reunion on IUP campus
- Armagh artist gets posthumous showcase at Indiana museum
- Rural Valley author helps raise awareness of disease through book sales
- Aging Services to display renovations for Indiana Social Center’s 25th anniversary