Indiana Borough man charged with rape
A 33-year-old Indiana man was charged Saturday with raping an Indiana County woman.
Rory Jay Green, an employee of Wolfendale's bar, was charged by Indiana Borough Police Department with rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and sexual assault.
He was jailed after failing to post $50,000 bond set by Clymer District Judge George Thachik.
According to an affidavit of probable cause filed by Indiana Borough police Officer John Scherf, Green entered the victim's residence on Saturday after leaving work early in the morning hours. Scherf alleges in the affidavit that Green entered her bedroom and locked the door.
Green then allegedly assaulted the victim without her consent.
The victim reported the assault to police that morning and said she knew her alleged attacker.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled before Thachik.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Early morning crash injures two in Marshall
- Rex Energy spills flowback on Butler County wellpad, says DEP
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems