Motorcycle, dirt bike collide in Indiana County
A Pittsburgh man was listed in fair condition in a Pittsburgh hospital Monday following a collision between the motorcycle he was riding and a dirt bike Saturday afternoon.
State police said in a news release that James Nee, 63, was traveling east on Route 286 on his 2006 Honda 1300 at 2:50 p.m. when a 2009 Apollo 125 dirt bike driven by a 17-year-old Marion Center boy entered the road. Police said the teen had been traveling east on the berm of Route 286.
The bikes collided and flipped. Both drivers were wearing helmets.
The teen was taken by ambulance to Indiana Regional Medical Center for treatment. Police did not provide his name.
Nee was flown by a medical helicopter to UPMC Presbyterian.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blairsville approves variances for Liberty Street condos
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- High price puts Saltsburg athletic storage building on hold
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well
- Blairsville’s Knotweed Festival offers novel uses for pesky plant
- Jury: Indiana County woman downloaded child porn to frame husband