One dead in two-vehicle crash in Burrell Township
One person was killed Thursday night in a two-vehicle crash in Indiana County, police said.
The side-impact crash occurred near the intersection of Route 22 and Snyder Lane in Burrell Township around 7:30 p.m, police said.
The Indiana County Coroner was called to the scene. Officials have not released the name of the deceased driver.
Neither driver had passengers. The condition of the other driver involved in the crash was not known Thursday night, state police Trooper Brennan Herr said.
A portion of Route 22 was closed as emergency workers cleared the scene, according to the Indiana County Emergency Management website.
Blairsville, Black Lick and Clyde fire departments were called for rescue efforts, according to the website.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Literacy outreach among goals for Blairsville-Saltsburg schools in 2017-20 plan
- Burrell board expects to begin 2016 with $450K, avoid tax increase
- Homer-Center School District looks to borrow funds if state impasse continues
- Two recent graduates set to join Homer-Center School Board
- Highridge authority seeks revisions to water tap-in ordinance
- Indiana County woman jailed after allegedly fleeing, slipping handcuffs
- Housing in former parsonage among Indiana County efforts to help homeless veterans
- Indiana County tentative budget holds line on taxes
- Fire marshal looks for cause of Indiana bar blaze
- Indiana County investment broker accused of stealing $1.2M from 22 clients