One dead in two-vehicle crash in Burrell Township
One person was killed Thursday night in a two-vehicle crash in Indiana County, police said.
The side-impact crash occurred near the intersection of Route 22 and Snyder Lane in Burrell Township around 7:30 p.m, police said.
The Indiana County Coroner was called to the scene. Officials have not released the name of the deceased driver.
Neither driver had passengers. The condition of the other driver involved in the crash was not known Thursday night, state police Trooper Brennan Herr said.
A portion of Route 22 was closed as emergency workers cleared the scene, according to the Indiana County Emergency Management website.
Blairsville, Black Lick and Clyde fire departments were called for rescue efforts, according to the website.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Patients pack Blairsville practice for retirement of veteran nurse practitioner
- Indiana Regional Medical Center eyes affiliation with hospitals in Punxsutawney, Clarion
- Lift will restore handicapped access to Black Lick fire hall
- Local attorney to receive Governor’s Award for the Arts in Indiana ceremony
- Indiana County helped with costs for emergency radio upgrade
- Former Saltsburg Elementary School eyed for disaster preparedness site
- Increase in state funding still below local schools’ expectations
- Path mapped out to boost Saltsburg trail tourism
- Hearing waived for man charged in Black Lick Township overdose death
- Burrell park board seeks donations for annual picnic
- Postal Service plans to cut office hours at Brush Valley, Lucernemines