Motorcyclist dies in Route 22 collision
A Fairfield Township motorcyclist died in a vehicle crash in Indiana County Thursday evening, the county coroner's office said Friday.
Brad G. Heming, 54, was driving east on Route 22 in Burrell Township when a vehicle “pulled out of Old Farm Road attempting to cross Route 22 and into the path of Heming's Honda motorcycle,” according to a news release from Coroner Michael A. Baker's office.
Heming's motorcycle collided with the driver's side of a Dodge Dart, Baker's office said. The driver of that vehicle was not injured.
Heming was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, according to the coroner.
He sustained “blunt-force trauma to the head and neck” and was pronounced dead at the scene at 7:39 p.m., the coroner said.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
State police are investigating the incident.
Kenneth A. Stuart Funeral Home in New Florence is handling Heming's funeral arrangements.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Keystone Opportunity tax abatements spur business growth in Indiana County
- Art showcases provide added appeal for area businesses
- Growing Blairsville firm honored for investment in work force
- Programs keep young workers on ‘TRACK’ for local employment
- Blairsville authority to proceed with housing infrastructure work, scale back condos
- Burrell supervisors accept dividend check, set cleanup dates
- Penguins Foundation gifts Kindles to Homer-Center Elementary
- White Township woman charged with attempted homicide for role in alleged beating of son, 6
- No major problems amid increased police presence at IUPatty’s Day celebration
- Route 422 traffic to be diverted in Indiana County
- Former Indiana County teacher pleads to lesser charges in student rape case