Brush Valley Township man dies in accident
An elderly Indiana County man was killed Tuesday in a two-vehicle accident in Brush Valley Township.
Indiana County Coroner Michael Baker identified the victim as 83-year-old Robert Penrod of Route 259, Brush Valley.
Baker said Penrod's 2009 Pontiac G-5 collided with a 1993 GMC truck driven by Clayton Libengood, 70, of Penn Run. Baker said Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman pronounced Penrod dead at the scene at 3:23 p.m.
Baker said Libengood sustained minor injuries and was treated at Indiana Regional Medical Center and released.
According to state police, Penrod was driving south on Route 259, crossed the centerline and into the path of Libengood's vehicle, which was traveling in the opposite direction. Both vehicles came to rest in the southbound lane after the collision, Baker said.
Police said Penrod was not wearing a seat belt but that Libengood was.
State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Programs keep young workers on ‘TRACK’ for local employment
- Keystone Opportunity tax abatements spur business growth in Indiana County
- Burrell supervisors accept dividend check, set cleanup dates
- Former Indiana County teacher pleads to lesser charges in student rape case
- White Township woman charged with attempted homicide for role in alleged beating of son, 6
- Art showcases provide added appeal for area businesses
- Route 422 traffic to be diverted in Indiana County
- Penguins Foundation gifts Kindles to Homer-Center Elementary
- Blairsville authority to proceed with housing infrastructure work, scale back condos
- Growing Blairsville firm honored for investment in work force