Indiana drug bust lands 5 in lockup
Five people were placed in the Indiana County Jail after being arrested this week on narcotics and other charges, state police said.
Torrence Lyde, 24, of Cleveland; Rebecca Matthews, 62, of Blairsville; and Robert Sexton, 50, Lindsy Diamond, 32, and Tammy Jobe, 31, all of Indiana Borough, were arrested at 421 Poplar Ave., Indiana, at 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, when police executed a search warrant for the distribution of illegal narcotics.
Police said Lyde attempted to destroy evidence at the scene and was shocked with a Taser before being taken into custody.
A large amount of controlled substances, cash and drug paraphernalia were found at the residence, according to police.
Police said Diamond's 9-month-old child was found in the home.
All five were charged with delivery of controlled substances and reckless endangerment.
Lyde additionally was charged with resisting arrest and Diamond was charged with endangering the welfare of children.
All were arraigned before District Judge Jennifer Rega and jailed in lieu of $100,000 straight cash bail for Lyde and Diamond, $50,000 for Sexton and $25,000 each for Matthews and Jobe.
They await preliminary hearings before Rega on Sept. 18.
Indiana borough police assisted with the arrests.
Mary Pickels is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine
- Blairsville approves variances for Liberty Street condos
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well