TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Indiana County hospital receives bomb threat

Daily Photo Galleries

Indiana Photo Galleries

Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, 11:30 p.m.
 

A spokesman for Indiana Regional Medical Center confirmed Friday evening that state police were at the hospital in White for several hours after a bomb threat was called in earlier in the day.

Mark Richards said the call was received about 5:30 p.m.

A dispatcher at the Indiana state police barracks said the response was the result of an “unconfirmed bomb threat.”

Richards said there were no evacuations and patients were continuing to receive care at the hospital.

When contacted about 11 p.m., Richards said police were leaving the scene.

“We are all clear. It's business as usual,” he said.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Indiana

  1. Fire erupts at lumber yard near Indiana
  2. Former Saltsburg Elementary School eyed for disaster preparedness site
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.