Saltsburg man charged with sexual assaults on girl
A 35-year-old Saltsburg man was jailed Wednesday after allegedly confessing to sexually assaulting a girl, now 17, at a borough residence during the past five years, state police said.
Robert Edward Clark was charged with rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, aggravated assault and indecent assault. Clark was arraigned Wednesday before Indiana District Judge Guy B. Haberl and placed in the Indiana County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bond.
According to the affidavit filed against Clark, the girl reported to school authorities on Tuesday that he had sexually assaulted her numerous times between June 2008 and Sept. 9, 2013.
Clark faces a preliminary hearing before Haberl on Sept. 19.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks up there with world’s best
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters