Two escape injury in Indiana house fire
Two people avoided injury Sunday when an early morning fire severely damaged their home in Indiana Borough.
A husband and wife lived in the home in the 600 block of Maple Street and will be displaced, said Indiana Fire Association Chief Charles Kelley.
Firefighters were on the scene for three hours but had the fire under control in 10 minutes. Fire crews were dispatched at 12:52 a.m.
No cause had been determined as of late morning. State police fire marshals will conduct an investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Path mapped out to boost Saltsburg trail tourism
- St. Andrew’s Village campus is getting household makeover
- Police charge Indiana County man with killing pet cat
- Former Saltsburg Elementary School eyed for disaster preparedness site
- Fire erupts at lumber yard near Indiana
- Variety of habitats provides plenty of viewing opportunities for local birders
- Increase in state funding still below local schools’ expectations
- Hearing waived for man charged in Black Lick Township overdose death
- Burrell park board seeks donations for annual picnic
- Postal Service plans to cut office hours at Brush Valley, Lucernemines
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County