Indiana County man killed when tractor rolls, pins him
An Indiana County man was killed Tuesday evening when a tractor he was driving rolled down an embankment into a small stream and pinned him underneath it.
Randy David Fleming, 58, of Armstrong Township was pronounced dead of traumatic asphyxia at 7:28 p.m. by Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman, who ruled the death accidental.
Fleming was mowing grass along a small stream on his farm when a 5-foot embankment gave way under the tractor, according to Overman's report.
State police from the Indiana barracks also investigated the incident.
James F. Ferguson Funeral Home in Blairsville will handle funeral arrangements.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County man injured in rollover crash along Route 22
- Blairsville woman struck by car remains in Pittsburgh hospital
- Blairsville woman’s quilt captures top prize at Pennsylvania Farm Show
- Blairsville-Saltsburg study cites savings in school merger
- Similar conservation efforts lead to merger of nonprofits active in Kiski-Conemaugh River Basin
- Local painter’s public, private work rediscovered for Blairsville exhibit
- Evergreen Conservancy seeks pledges from businesses
- Man gets 15 to 30 years in Indiana County walking trail slaying
- Accused killer from Saltsburg charged with plotting escape