Indiana County man killed when tractor rolls, pins him
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, 2:54 p.m.
An Indiana County man was killed Tuesday evening when a tractor he was driving rolled down an embankment into a small stream and pinned him underneath it.
Randy David Fleming, 58, of Armstrong Township was pronounced dead of traumatic asphyxia at 7:28 p.m. by Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry Overman, who ruled the death accidental.
Fleming was mowing grass along a small stream on his farm when a 5-foot embankment gave way under the tractor, according to Overman's report.
State police from the Indiana barracks also investigated the incident.
James F. Ferguson Funeral Home in Blairsville will handle funeral arrangements.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Local woman hits trail in One Run for Boston relay
- Blairsville seeks applicants for new meter attendant post
- Indiana County paving contractor could be fined in fatal accident
- Suspect jailed in Indiana kidnap attempt
- Orthodox traditions observed locally for Easter season
- Indiana County chase ends with car in pond
- IUP students study by day, man fire station at night
- Indiana County businesses cater to customers with special diets
- Uniform update planned for Homer-Center marching band
- Programs help older workers reenter local job market
- Panel at Saltsburg gathering warns parents about dangers of drugs