Man killed in Indiana County crash
An Indiana County man was killed late Monday in a one-vehicle accident.
Indiana County Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry L. Overman Jr. identified the victim as Peter Cindric Jr., 37, of Young Township.
Overman said in a news release that Cindric was driving a PT Cruiser on Park Drive in Young Township near the village of Clarksburg just before 11 p.m. when the car crossed into the opposite lane of travel. Cindric struck a utility pole and the car flipped on its roof, partially ejecting him through the sunroof.
Cindric was not wearing a seatbelt, Overman said. The cause of the accidental death is listed as blunt force trauma of the head and chest. Toxicology results are pending; an autopsy will not be performed.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Award honors Indiana woman for devotion to in-law with Alzheimer’s
- Indiana County investment broker accused of stealing $1.2M from 22 clients
- Indiana County woman jailed after allegedly fleeing, slipping handcuffs
- Wreaths to decorate final resting places of Indiana County veterans
- Burrell board expects to begin 2016 with $450K, avoid tax increase
- Literacy outreach among goals for Blairsville-Saltsburg schools in 2017-20 plan
- Two recent graduates set to join Homer-Center School Board