Man killed in Indiana County crash
An Indiana County man was killed late Monday in a one-vehicle accident.
Indiana County Chief Deputy Coroner Jerry L. Overman Jr. identified the victim as Peter Cindric Jr., 37, of Young Township.
Overman said in a news release that Cindric was driving a PT Cruiser on Park Drive in Young Township near the village of Clarksburg just before 11 p.m. when the car crossed into the opposite lane of travel. Cindric struck a utility pole and the car flipped on its roof, partially ejecting him through the sunroof.
Cindric was not wearing a seatbelt, Overman said. The cause of the accidental death is listed as blunt force trauma of the head and chest. Toxicology results are pending; an autopsy will not be performed.
Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former United facilities head fills post at Homer-Center School District
- Indiana County receives donation for new veterans transport van
- Blairsville-Saltsburg considers options for pending food service vacancy
- Blairsville eyes extended trail routes
- Lighting cost reduced for United High School project
- Burrell supervisors earmark funding for water extension
- Candidates for 62nd District House seat air clashing views on state tax revenues
- Old school days recalled at Keith reunion on IUP campus
- Plea entered in slaying on Indiana County trail
- Inmate accused of vandalizing Indiana County Jail plumbing system
- Rural Valley author helps raise awareness of disease through book sales