Ex-Gorell Windows workers sue over pay issues
Seeking pay for vacation days, 214 former employees of Gorell Windows filed a lawsuit in federal court on Friday.
The suit lists as defendants: Gorell Windows & Doors LLC; Gorell Enterprises Inc.; Soft-Life Gorell LLC; Wayne Gorell, an owner and CEO of Gorell; Brian Zimmerman, CEO and executive vice president/president of Gorell.
Phone numbers listed for Gorell and Zimmerman were not in service when called Sunday night, and an e-mail to “Soft-Lite Gorell Enterprises Inc.” was returned as undeliverable. Both men live in North Carolina, the lawsuit states.
The employees were production and maintenance workers at the company's manufacturing facility in Indiana. Their jobs ended in February 2012 when the company closed its doors and went into receivership.
The employees want the court to determine that the defendants violated the Wage Payment and Collection Law. They also want $340,667, which is the “calculated amount of vacation,” and damages equal to 25 percent of the amount of vacation due or $500, whichever is greater.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- High price puts Saltsburg athletic storage building on hold