Police investigate Saltsburg fire
A state police fire marshal is investigating an early Monday fire at an abandoned Indiana County home.
Saltsburg Fire Chief John Dice said there was no operating heat or electricity at the Wood Street residence. The fire may have started in the basement, he said.
Firefighters responded to the home at 2:50 a.m. Monday and found heavy smoke and a “fully-involved first floor,” Dice said. There was significant interior damage to the story-and-a-half structure, but the brick exterior is sound, he said.
No one was inside and there were no injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Strong police presence cut crimes, behavior issues at IUP homecoming, police say
- Indiana County man dies in crash after fleeing police
- New Florence man critically injured in collision in East Wheatfield
- Indiana judge sets hearing on extending reassessment appeals, pushes back Clean and Green deadline
- Three charged after fight in IUP dormitory room
- Indiana County man dies in Route 119 crash
- 3 suffer severe burns from campfire in Indiana County
- Indiana County funds steel overlay as temporary fix for Center Township bridge
- St. Andrew’s Village unveils revamped nursing center
- Blairsville traffic signals will give pedestrians head start across street
- Homer-Center social studies teacher receives state recognition for innovative methods