Police investigate Saltsburg fire
A state police fire marshal is investigating an early Monday fire at an abandoned Indiana County home.
Saltsburg Fire Chief John Dice said there was no operating heat or electricity at the Wood Street residence. The fire may have started in the basement, he said.
Firefighters responded to the home at 2:50 a.m. Monday and found heavy smoke and a “fully-involved first floor,” Dice said. There was significant interior damage to the story-and-a-half structure, but the brick exterior is sound, he said.
No one was inside and there were no injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seek person who fired gun into Indiana Borough home
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well
- Indiana County board joins voices opposing EPA Clean Power Plan
- Authority dedicates water improvements serving business park, homes
- Local youth collect awards at Indiana County Fair
- Homer City’s Main Street upgrade back on track with $500K grant
- Indiana County Technology Center commits $600,000 to Challenger/STEM addition
- Five years of growth marked at IRMC’s Blairsville care center