Indiana County man recaptured at girlfriend's home
A handcuffed Indiana County man managed to roll down the rear window of a state police cruiser, crawl out and flee to his girlfriend's White Township home, according to a police report.
Douglas Allen Lydic, 29, of Commodore, is being charged with theft and receiving stolen property for taking the handcuffs in addition to escape charges in the Sunday incident, police said. He was taken into custody for another incident about 7:45 p.m. Sunday and placed in the cruiser while troopers were securing evidence at the scene. Despite a search of the area, Lydic could not be found, police said. No charges have been filed in the original incident.
At 11 a.m. Monday, police said they found Lydic at the home of his girlfriend, Tiffany Nicole White, 25, who is charged with hindering apprehension. Both suspects are being held in the Indiana County Jail and face Jan. 2 preliminary hearings before District Judge Guy Haberl. Lydic's bail is $25,000 and White's bail is $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inmate accused of vandalizing Indiana County Jail plumbing system
- Rural Valley author helps raise awareness of disease through book sales
- Man accused of sexual contact with teen in Indiana County
- Armagh artist gets posthumous showcase at Indiana museum
- Consolidation among options Blairsville-Saltsburg may consider as student enrollment drops
- Rural Kent parish celebrates quarter-century milestone