Indiana County man recaptured at girlfriend's home
A handcuffed Indiana County man managed to roll down the rear window of a state police cruiser, crawl out and flee to his girlfriend's White Township home, according to a police report.
Douglas Allen Lydic, 29, of Commodore, is being charged with theft and receiving stolen property for taking the handcuffs in addition to escape charges in the Sunday incident, police said. He was taken into custody for another incident about 7:45 p.m. Sunday and placed in the cruiser while troopers were securing evidence at the scene. Despite a search of the area, Lydic could not be found, police said. No charges have been filed in the original incident.
At 11 a.m. Monday, police said they found Lydic at the home of his girlfriend, Tiffany Nicole White, 25, who is charged with hindering apprehension. Both suspects are being held in the Indiana County Jail and face Jan. 2 preliminary hearings before District Judge Guy Haberl. Lydic's bail is $25,000 and White's bail is $10,000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Indiana County teacher pleads to lesser charges in student rape case
- Homer City man accused of rape
- Former Indiana County teacher McCullough pleads to lesser charges in student rape
- Western Pa. educators attracted to Blairsville-Saltsburg tech showcase
- No major problems amid increased police presence at IUPatty’s Day celebration
- Route 422 traffic to be diverted in Indiana County