Indiana County woman charged with child neglect
An Indiana County woman remains in the county jail after failing to post $25,000 bond after she was charged with neglecting her three young children.
Alicia L. Brewer of White Township is charged with three counts of child endangerment and three counts of reckless endangerment after police allege they found the children, ages 8, 4 and 2, unsupervised.
Police said when they arrived at Brewer's home about 7 p.m. Friday, they discovered her “passed out unconscious” and the children without supervision. Police allege the children told officers that Brewer “had been intoxicated” for several days.
The woman was reported to authorities by the father of one of the children, according to the affidavit of probable cause. Indiana County Children and Youth Services is involved, according to police.
Brewer was arraigned before Blairsville District Judge Jennifer Rega and jailed after failing to post bond pending a preliminary hearing Jan. 15.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- 2 Pittsburgh elementary students cited for bringing pellet guns to school
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show
- Santa Claus is coming to Ligonier
- Likely no tax hike for Ligonier Township
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon
- Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center dedicates outdoor center