Indiana County woman charged with child neglect
An Indiana County woman remains in the county jail after failing to post $25,000 bond after she was charged with neglecting her three young children.
Alicia L. Brewer of White Township is charged with three counts of child endangerment and three counts of reckless endangerment after police allege they found the children, ages 8, 4 and 2, unsupervised.
Police said when they arrived at Brewer's home about 7 p.m. Friday, they discovered her “passed out unconscious” and the children without supervision. Police allege the children told officers that Brewer “had been intoxicated” for several days.
The woman was reported to authorities by the father of one of the children, according to the affidavit of probable cause. Indiana County Children and Youth Services is involved, according to police.
Brewer was arraigned before Blairsville District Judge Jennifer Rega and jailed after failing to post bond pending a preliminary hearing Jan. 15.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blairsville PNC Bank branch to close in March
- Saltsburg council finalizes 2015 budget, 5-mill tax hike
- Wood Center at IUP turns campus trees into art
- Indiana County teen to be cited for leaving deer parts on car
- Child porn lie lands Clymer woman in jail
- Homer City native’s handmade cards bring new dimension to holiday cards
- Indiana County doctor who traded drugs for sex to be re-sentenced
- Access road revision proposed for Tide residents
- Blairsville boosts property tax by 2 mills
- Indiana County Endowment seeks to boost awareness, donations