Indiana County woman charged with child neglect
An Indiana County woman remains in the county jail after failing to post $25,000 bond after she was charged with neglecting her three young children.
Alicia L. Brewer of White Township is charged with three counts of child endangerment and three counts of reckless endangerment after police allege they found the children, ages 8, 4 and 2, unsupervised.
Police said when they arrived at Brewer's home about 7 p.m. Friday, they discovered her “passed out unconscious” and the children without supervision. Police allege the children told officers that Brewer “had been intoxicated” for several days.
The woman was reported to authorities by the father of one of the children, according to the affidavit of probable cause. Indiana County Children and Youth Services is involved, according to police.
Brewer was arraigned before Blairsville District Judge Jennifer Rega and jailed after failing to post bond pending a preliminary hearing Jan. 15.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pop hits, intricate moves in the mix for Blairsville-based square dancers
- Evanko set to retire as Indiana County commissioner at year’s end
- Blairsville Borough adds new car to police fleet
- Evergreen Conservancy seeks pledges from businesses
- Local painter’s public, private work rediscovered for Blairsville exhibit
- Blairsville woman struck by car remains in Pittsburgh hospital
- Man gets 15 to 30 years in Indiana County walking trail slaying