Police seek suspect in Rayne assault
State police are looking for a 51-year-old Indiana County man who burglarized and struck a 48-year-old woman at her residence in Rayne Township Saturday.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Tracy P. Kirkpatrick, 51, of Indiana Borough in connection with the burglary and assault at about 5:23 p.m. Saturday at the home along Skyline Drive.
Police allege Kirkpatrick came to the home uninvited, forced open the front door, grabbed the resident's throat, grabbed her throat and threatened to punch her.
Police said he damaged the woman's sport utility vehicle as he left and then fled in a brown, Jeep Cherokee.
Police obtained an arrest warrant from Homer City District Judge Susanne Steffee charging Kirkpatrick with burglary, criminal mischief, simple assault, criminal trespass and harassment.
Kirkpatrick, who is 6 feet 1 inch, has gray hair and blue eyes and weighs 195 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Indiana barracks at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Rules hamper Franklin Regional attack victim scholarships
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- How to inspect your garage door
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial