Police seek suspect in Rayne assault
State police are looking for a 51-year-old Indiana County man who burglarized and struck a 48-year-old woman at her residence in Rayne Township Saturday.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Tracy P. Kirkpatrick, 51, of Indiana Borough in connection with the burglary and assault at about 5:23 p.m. Saturday at the home along Skyline Drive.
Police allege Kirkpatrick came to the home uninvited, forced open the front door, grabbed the resident's throat, grabbed her throat and threatened to punch her.
Police said he damaged the woman's sport utility vehicle as he left and then fled in a brown, Jeep Cherokee.
Police obtained an arrest warrant from Homer City District Judge Susanne Steffee charging Kirkpatrick with burglary, criminal mischief, simple assault, criminal trespass and harassment.
Kirkpatrick, who is 6 feet 1 inch, has gray hair and blue eyes and weighs 195 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Indiana barracks at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Students will join B.E. Taylor in annual holiday charity concert
- Pipeline project could bring thousands of construction jobs to Burrell Township
- Nonprofit plans to keep Blairsville WyoTech campus open as part of $24 million purchase
- Blairsville-Saltsburg School Board considers options for reconfiguring grades
- 4 of 5 Blairsville-Saltsburg schools improve state performance scores
- Indiana County tax rate to remain steady in final year of reassessment
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- Homer-Center School District names final member of new foundation board