Police seek suspect in Rayne assault
State police are looking for a 51-year-old Indiana County man who burglarized and struck a 48-year-old woman at her residence in Rayne Township Saturday.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Tracy P. Kirkpatrick, 51, of Indiana Borough in connection with the burglary and assault at about 5:23 p.m. Saturday at the home along Skyline Drive.
Police allege Kirkpatrick came to the home uninvited, forced open the front door, grabbed the resident's throat, grabbed her throat and threatened to punch her.
Police said he damaged the woman's sport utility vehicle as he left and then fled in a brown, Jeep Cherokee.
Police obtained an arrest warrant from Homer City District Judge Susanne Steffee charging Kirkpatrick with burglary, criminal mischief, simple assault, criminal trespass and harassment.
Kirkpatrick, who is 6 feet 1 inch, has gray hair and blue eyes and weighs 195 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Indiana barracks at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine
- High price puts Saltsburg athletic storage building on hold
- Blairsville approves variances for Liberty Street condos
- United board looks to replace departing French teacher
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- Indiana County dad held for trial for sending kids out of house
- Blairsville’s Knotweed Festival offers novel uses for pesky plant
- Northern Appalachian Folk Festival grows in 2nd year