Police seek suspect in Rayne assault
State police are looking for a 51-year-old Indiana County man who burglarized and struck a 48-year-old woman at her residence in Rayne Township Saturday.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Tracy P. Kirkpatrick, 51, of Indiana Borough in connection with the burglary and assault at about 5:23 p.m. Saturday at the home along Skyline Drive.
Police allege Kirkpatrick came to the home uninvited, forced open the front door, grabbed the resident's throat, grabbed her throat and threatened to punch her.
Police said he damaged the woman's sport utility vehicle as he left and then fled in a brown, Jeep Cherokee.
Police obtained an arrest warrant from Homer City District Judge Susanne Steffee charging Kirkpatrick with burglary, criminal mischief, simple assault, criminal trespass and harassment.
Kirkpatrick, who is 6 feet 1 inch, has gray hair and blue eyes and weighs 195 pounds, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Indiana barracks at 724-357-1960.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County man gets life sentence for murder
- Hunter’s role to get scrutiny in shooting of Indiana County infant
- Challenger Learning Center gets $500K boost from state
- Trail connection among priorities as state officials view Blairsville projects
- Five years of growth marked at IRMC’s Blairsville care center
- Indiana Regional Medical Center marks centennial with book, campus addition
- Brush Valley club members promote interest in antique tractors
- Kindergarten position added at Blairsville Elementary School
- Burrell Township supervisors hear road complaints
- Grant will help Burrell Township Library upgrade computers
- Homer-Center School District adds aides to support union contract