TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

House fire displaces Indiana County family

Daily Photo Galleries

Indiana Photo Galleries

Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 2:18 p.m.
 

A family of four was displaced Tuesday when fire heavily damaged their two-story frame home in Indiana County.

Black Lick Volunteer Fire Company Chief Tim Stipcak said the fire at 34 Ash St. in Burrell Township was reported around 1:17 a.m. He said the occupants, three adults and a child, were able to escape when they smelled something burning.

“The second-floor room was pretty involved when we arrived. We were able to keep it in that room area, but there was a lot of smoke and water damage,” Stipcak said.

Stipcak said one Black Lick firefighter suffered a minor shoulder injury but didn't require hospital treatment.

Stipcak said the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction on the second floor.

The family is being assisted by the Indiana County Chapter of the Red Cross.

In addition to Black Lick, firefighters from Blairsville, Homer City and Coral-Graceton responded.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Indiana

  1. Police charge Indiana County man with killing pet cat
  2. Burrell park board seeks donations for annual picnic
  3. Variety of habitats provides plenty of viewing opportunities for local birders
  4. Increase in state funding still below local schools’ expectations
  5. Path mapped out to boost Saltsburg trail tourism
  6. Hearing waived for man charged in Black Lick Township overdose death
  7. Former Saltsburg Elementary School eyed for disaster preparedness site
  8. Postal Service plans to cut office hours at Brush Valley, Lucernemines
  9. St. Andrew’s Village campus is getting household makeover
  10. Infant suffers head injuries in Indiana County crash
  11. Fire erupts at lumber yard near Indiana
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.