House fire displaces Indiana County family
A family of four was displaced Tuesday when fire heavily damaged their two-story frame home in Indiana County.
Black Lick Volunteer Fire Company Chief Tim Stipcak said the fire at 34 Ash St. in Burrell Township was reported around 1:17 a.m. He said the occupants, three adults and a child, were able to escape when they smelled something burning.
“The second-floor room was pretty involved when we arrived. We were able to keep it in that room area, but there was a lot of smoke and water damage,” Stipcak said.
Stipcak said one Black Lick firefighter suffered a minor shoulder injury but didn't require hospital treatment.
Stipcak said the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction on the second floor.
The family is being assisted by the Indiana County Chapter of the Red Cross.
In addition to Black Lick, firefighters from Blairsville, Homer City and Coral-Graceton responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County infant hit by bullet will be blind
- Student gets probation in ‘IUPatty’s’ celebration
- Woman charged with theft of ring from store at Indiana Mall
- Grant will help Burrell Township Library upgrade computers
- Hunter’s role to get scrutiny in shooting of Indiana County infant
- Kindergarten position added at Blairsville Elementary School
- Money stolen from senior living facility residents
- Challenger Learning Center gets $500K boost from state
- Indiana County Humane Society ready to open new, roomier shelter
- York man, 21, accused of assaulting Indiana Borough police officer