Police investigate Indiana County 'hit' attempt
State police in Indiana on Saturday arrested a man after a confidential informant reported the man tried to hire him to kill an estranged girlfriend.
Police said the man was arrested at a Pearce Hollow residence and placed in the Indiana County Jail on charges of solicitation to commit homicide, solicitation to commit aggravated assault and terroristic threats.
Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty identified the defendant as Kevin Peterman, 26, of Indiana. Dougherty said Peterman is an Indiana County native.
Peterman was arraigned by District Judge Guy Haberl in Indiana. Peterman's bond was set at $100,000 straight cash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Homer-Center School District looks to borrow funds if state impasse continues
- Burrell board expects to begin 2016 with $450K, avoid tax increase
- Literacy outreach among goals for Blairsville-Saltsburg schools in 2017-20 plan
- Highridge authority seeks revisions to water tap-in ordinance
- Delayed school subsidy prompts United to consider borrowing up to $4M
- Housing in former parsonage among Indiana County efforts to help homeless veterans
- Indiana County tentative budget holds line on taxes
- Fire marshal looks for cause of Indiana bar blaze
- Two recent graduates set to join Homer-Center School Board
- Indiana County investment broker accused of stealing $1.2M from 22 clients