Police probe crash that injured 2 in Cherryhill
State police are investigating whether drugs or alcohol played a role in an Indiana County crash on Saturday that sent two people to area hospitals.
Bobbie M. Stewart, 24, of Clymer, was driving a Ford Contour south on Route 403 at 11 a.m. Saturday when she failed to stay in her lane and struck head-on a Mercury Mountaineer driven by Douglas Rising, 27, of West Lebanon, according to a police report.
Stewart was flown by medical helicopter to Allegheny General Hospital, where she was listed in fair condition on Sunday afternoon. Police said she suffered major injuries.
Rising was transported to Indiana Regional Medical Center for treatment of minor injuries, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Student gets probation in ‘IUPatty’s’ celebration
- Woman charged with theft of ring from store at Indiana Mall
- Indiana County man gets life sentence for murder
- Trail connection among priorities as state officials view Blairsville projects
- Hunter’s role to get scrutiny in shooting of Indiana County infant
- Kindergarten position added at Blairsville Elementary School
- Burrell Township supervisors hear road complaints
- Five years of growth marked at IRMC’s Blairsville care center
- Indiana Regional Medical Center marks centennial with book, campus addition
- Challenger Learning Center gets $500K boost from state
- Homer-Center School District adds aides to support union contract