West Virginia couple charged with bringing contraband to Indiana County prison
A West Virginia husband and wife allegedly took a loaded pistol and drugs to a state prison in Indiana County.
Natasha Nichole Breiding and Edward Joseph Breiding, both 23, of Dallas, W.Va., are free on $25,000 bond each in connection with the incident Friday at SCI Pine Grove in White Township.
State police said around 10:50 a.m. a prison K9 officer found marijuana in Natasha Breiding's purse and pills in Edward Breiding's wallet, as well as the firearm in their vehicle.
The pair was arraigned Friday by District Judge Jennifer Rega on charges of contraband, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and weapons or implements for escape.
Preliminary hearings are scheduled for July 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well
- Carol Burnett to receive Indiana museum’s Harvey Award
- Indiana County dad held for trial for sending kids out of house
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- High price puts Saltsburg athletic storage building on hold
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register