West Virginia couple charged with bringing contraband to Indiana County prison
A West Virginia husband and wife allegedly took a loaded pistol and drugs to a state prison in Indiana County.
Natasha Nichole Breiding and Edward Joseph Breiding, both 23, of Dallas, W.Va., are free on $25,000 bond each in connection with the incident Friday at SCI Pine Grove in White Township.
State police said around 10:50 a.m. a prison K9 officer found marijuana in Natasha Breiding's purse and pills in Edward Breiding's wallet, as well as the firearm in their vehicle.
The pair was arraigned Friday by District Judge Jennifer Rega on charges of contraband, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and weapons or implements for escape.
Preliminary hearings are scheduled for July 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Timbering on pipeline path begins at Pine Ridge Park
- Indiana County tentative budget holds line on taxes
- Burrell board expects to begin 2016 with $450K, avoid tax increase
- Homer-Center School District looks to borrow funds if state impasse continues
- Indiana County investment broker accused of stealing $1.2M from 22 clients
- Award honors Indiana woman for devotion to in-law with Alzheimer’s
- Housing in former parsonage among Indiana County efforts to help homeless veterans