West Virginia couple charged with bringing contraband to Indiana County prison
A West Virginia husband and wife allegedly took a loaded pistol and drugs to a state prison in Indiana County.
Natasha Nichole Breiding and Edward Joseph Breiding, both 23, of Dallas, W.Va., are free on $25,000 bond each in connection with the incident Friday at SCI Pine Grove in White Township.
State police said around 10:50 a.m. a prison K9 officer found marijuana in Natasha Breiding's purse and pills in Edward Breiding's wallet, as well as the firearm in their vehicle.
The pair was arraigned Friday by District Judge Jennifer Rega on charges of contraband, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and weapons or implements for escape.
Preliminary hearings are scheduled for July 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lighting cost reduced for United High School project
- Indiana County receives donation for new veterans transport van
- Former United facilities head fills post at Homer-Center School District
- Old school days recalled at Keith reunion on IUP campus
- Candidates for 62nd District House seat air clashing views on state tax revenues
- Blairsville eyes extended trail routes
- Burrell supervisors earmark funding for water extension
- Blairsville-Saltsburg considers options for pending food service vacancy
- Plea entered in slaying on Indiana County trail
- Anti-drug support group brings Reality Tour to Blairsville
- Indiana attorney, area students honored at Governor’s Awards for the Arts event