Meeting will address future of Brush Valley post office
The Brush Valley Township supervisors have announced a public meeting regarding the future of the Brush Valley Post Office will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Brush Valley Fire Hall.
All box holders and anyone who uses the post office for mailing is encouraged to attend, as officials plan to discuss a possible closure or reduction of operating hours for the post office.
Repairs to six areas of Campground Road were approved by the supervisors Monday. The work will be performed by Sharp Paving, Inc. at a cost of $7,070.
The supervisors received notification from the Department of Environmental Protection that the Gillhouser Run Deep Mine has been revised, adding 711.2 underground permit acres and 713.7 subsidence control plan acres. Word was also received from the DEP that Amfire Mining Co. has submitted a request to renew its surface mine permit for the Kinter/Smith Mine.
Two upcoming community events were announced, both taking place at the Brush Valley Fire Hall. A community blood drive will take place from 1 to 7 p.m. July 24, and Brush Valley Day will be held Aug. 2.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County’s Grant Township will fight wastewater disposal well
- High price puts Saltsburg athletic storage building on hold
- Indiana County township ‘afraid for the water’ fights waste well
- Homer-Center OKs special education director, STEM courses
- Alumni help mark former Saltsburg school’s addition to historic register
- State bond release sought for Burrell Township mine