Vintondale man killed in Indiana County crash
Alcohol is believed to have played a role in an early Sunday morning crash that killed a Cambria County man.
Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman identified the driver as Clifford Norman McCachren III, 29, of Vintondale.
The Chevrolet Cavalier McCachren was driving just before 3 a.m. left the southbound lane of Route 403 in Buffington Township, struck a few trees and came to rest in a drainage ditch, said Overman and state police. McCachren was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death was ruled accidental. He sustained blunt force trauma injuries to the head and neck, Overman said. Toxicology test results are pending. Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pipeline project could bring thousands of construction jobs to Burrell Township
- Nonprofit plans to keep Blairsville WyoTech campus open as part of $24 million purchase
- Students will join B.E. Taylor in annual holiday charity concert
- Blairsville-Saltsburg School Board considers options for reconfiguring grades
- 4 of 5 Blairsville-Saltsburg schools improve state performance scores
- Indiana County tax rate to remain steady in final year of reassessment
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- United School District considers converting boilers for natural gas
- Saltsburg grad developing app to help addicts with recovery
- Indiana Area School District contends with 2nd bomb threat
- Burrell Township approves tentative 2015 budget with no tax hike