Vintondale man killed in Indiana County crash
Alcohol is believed to have played a role in an early Sunday morning crash that killed a Cambria County man.
Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman identified the driver as Clifford Norman McCachren III, 29, of Vintondale.
The Chevrolet Cavalier McCachren was driving just before 3 a.m. left the southbound lane of Route 403 in Buffington Township, struck a few trees and came to rest in a drainage ditch, said Overman and state police. McCachren was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death was ruled accidental. He sustained blunt force trauma injuries to the head and neck, Overman said. Toxicology test results are pending. Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- Reputed major heroin trafficker in Westmoreland County pleads guilty, gets prison sentence
- Zoning update raises fears in Ligonier Township
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- ‘Let It Snow’s’ big-name cast filming all over Western Pennsylvania
- Interstate smash-and-grab jewelry ring may be operating in Pittsburgh area, Altoona
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries