8 arrested in Somerset County after marijuana, heroin seized
Published: Friday, December 14, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, December 14, 2012
Eight Somerset County residents were arrested on drug charges following a traffic stop that led to the seizure of marijuana and heroin from a Somerset Borough residence.
State police said the arrests came as a result of a traffic stop on Nov. 30. Police stopped a vehicle that was seen coming from an apartment along Cannell Drive in Somerset.
Police seized marijuana from the vehicle and then got a search warrant for the residence.
At the apartment, police seized a quarter pound of marijuana, 222 packets of heroin, $2,525 and drug paraphernalia.
Cassiano Weir, 36, of Somerset, was charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He is in the Somerset County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing on Dec. 21 before Somerset District Judge Kenneth Johnson.
Jessica Mikal Zidanic, 26, of Somerset, was charged with marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. The other defendants, Ashanti Nicole Matthews, 19, of Berlin; Cora Dawn Selznick, 32, of Central City; and Somerset residents Sean Michael O'Brien, 24; Kylee Sue Walker, 23; Devene Ashley Matthews, 25, and Jessica Renee Shank, 29, were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
All face preliminary hearings on Feb. 19 before Johnson.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Art enhances Natrona’s summer program for children
- Connellsville Soccer Club players receive instruction from Riverhounds
- Monessen mayor takes heat at council meeting
- Grilli blows 1st save; Pirates lose to Reds in 13 innings
- Leechburg Area coaches mixed about move to Heritage
- Charleroi Regional ousts police officer
- Workshop cautions classrooms of unknown toxins in everyday items
- McKeesport Area to improve environmental health
- Penguins’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- McKeesport Area High School’s Allied Health students got together at the district’s Career and Technology Center with instructors Donna Maguire and Antonietta Stolic, at left, and McKeesport Hospital Foundation executive director Michele Matuch and school director Tom Maglicco.
- West Mifflin man held for trial in sex assault case