8 arrested in Somerset County after marijuana, heroin seized
Eight Somerset County residents were arrested on drug charges following a traffic stop that led to the seizure of marijuana and heroin from a Somerset Borough residence.
State police said the arrests came as a result of a traffic stop on Nov. 30. Police stopped a vehicle that was seen coming from an apartment along Cannell Drive in Somerset.
Police seized marijuana from the vehicle and then got a search warrant for the residence.
At the apartment, police seized a quarter pound of marijuana, 222 packets of heroin, $2,525 and drug paraphernalia.
Cassiano Weir, 36, of Somerset, was charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He is in the Somerset County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing on Dec. 21 before Somerset District Judge Kenneth Johnson.
Jessica Mikal Zidanic, 26, of Somerset, was charged with marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. The other defendants, Ashanti Nicole Matthews, 19, of Berlin; Cora Dawn Selznick, 32, of Central City; and Somerset residents Sean Michael O'Brien, 24; Kylee Sue Walker, 23; Devene Ashley Matthews, 25, and Jessica Renee Shank, 29, were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
All face preliminary hearings on Feb. 19 before Johnson.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- Cookies for Our Troops marches on
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Hax: Student wants to shift gears
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial