8 arrested in Somerset County after marijuana, heroin seized
Eight Somerset County residents were arrested on drug charges following a traffic stop that led to the seizure of marijuana and heroin from a Somerset Borough residence.
State police said the arrests came as a result of a traffic stop on Nov. 30. Police stopped a vehicle that was seen coming from an apartment along Cannell Drive in Somerset.
Police seized marijuana from the vehicle and then got a search warrant for the residence.
At the apartment, police seized a quarter pound of marijuana, 222 packets of heroin, $2,525 and drug paraphernalia.
Cassiano Weir, 36, of Somerset, was charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He is in the Somerset County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing on Dec. 21 before Somerset District Judge Kenneth Johnson.
Jessica Mikal Zidanic, 26, of Somerset, was charged with marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. The other defendants, Ashanti Nicole Matthews, 19, of Berlin; Cora Dawn Selznick, 32, of Central City; and Somerset residents Sean Michael O'Brien, 24; Kylee Sue Walker, 23; Devene Ashley Matthews, 25, and Jessica Renee Shank, 29, were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
All face preliminary hearings on Feb. 19 before Johnson.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identity of Route 30 suicide victim revealed
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Poll shows Clinton slipping in trustworthiness among voters
- Schultz ousted as Trafford council president
- Charleroi Area ‘should’ be better in 2015
- Hornqvist’s net-front presence with Penguins could be valuable asset
- Pennsylvania religious freedom law does not extend to for-profits
- Planned Uptown revival priority for City of Pittsburgh
- North Versailles couple faults construction company for damage to property