Two killed in separate Somerset County accidents
Two Somerset County men died in separate single-vehicle accidents Friday.
David Sutton Sr., 62, of Stoystown died in an 8:43 a.m. accident along Pompey Hill Road in Stonycreek Township, state police said. David Jeron Hostetler, 23, of Stoystown, perished in an accident along Route 281 North at an unknown time Friday, police said.
Sutton lost control of his Chevrolet Cavalier and slid broadside across the road and hit a tree head-on, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Hostetler was speeding when he lost control of his Toyota Camry and slid off the road sideways into a tree, police said. Hostetler's vehicle rolled and hit several other trees before coming to a rest upside down, police said.
He also was pronounced dead at the scene of his accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Crane tips over, smashes into roof of building at Pitt
- LaBar: What’s killing professional wrestling
- ‘Boyz of Zummer’ Wiz Khalifa, Fall-Out Boy light it up at First Niagara
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Lower Burrell couple charged with 6 misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty
- Young Nebraska girl’s organs give 2 Pittsburgh-area boys a chance to live
- Pittsburgh Regatta will go on without boats, water events
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin