Fairhope man accused of sexual assault
A Fairhope man is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl in Somerset County.
State police charged Paul Jay Bonus Jr., 19, who was being held Friday in the Somerset County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond.
Police said the alleged incident occurred Friday between 2:30 and 3 p.m. on Pack Saddle Road in Northampton.
Bonus, who was arraigned Friday before District Judge Douglas Bell, faces two counts of rape, three counts each of aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault, and single counts of sexual assault and corruption of minors.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Principals question role of test scores in new evaluation process