Ligonier man dies in head-on crash in Somerset County
A Ligonier man was killed Tuesday in a head-on collision along Route 30 in Quemahoning Township, Somerset County.
State police said a Dodge Durango driven by Steven R. Sherback, 37, was traveling west on Route 30 when the vehicle skidded and crossed into oncoming traffic, striking an eastbound Ford F-250 driven by Robert H. Blough, 51, of Stoystown.
The accident occurred near the Route 219 interchange.
Sherback was pronounced dead at the scene by the Somerset County coroner. Blough was transported to Conemaugh Hospital. Police did not know the severity of his injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Route 19 accident in Mt. Lebanon injures five people
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- Ambridge fire brought quickly under control
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Newkirk replaces Jones in Pitt’s starting lineup vs. Notre Dame
- Pa. Treasurer McCord resigns without explanation, to leave Feb. 12
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- Police: Woman thwarted abduction at Jefferson Township convenience store
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide