Somerset County woman dies in crash
A 70-year-old Sipesville woman was killed Sunday in a two-vehicle crash on State Route 985 in Jenner Township, Somerset County, state police said.
Eva Kline was pronounced dead at Conemaugh Medical Center after her 2004 Toyota Corolla, traveling south on Route 985, struck a 1999 Chevrolet Trail Blazer driven by Kyle Updyke, 19, of Boswell, traveling in the opposite direction.
Updyke also was transported to Conemaugh Medical Center, where he was treated and released, according to police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Intruder in Carrick makes off with cash, weapon
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Annual Holiday Parade to celebrate all things Pittsburgh
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in North Point Breeze
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Warrants issued for women accused of prostitution in New Stanton sting