Somerset County church burglarized
Burglars made off with a safe, communion cup and other items from a church that recently lost a 168-year-old stained glass window to vandalism.
State police at Somerset said someone entered Christ Casebeer Lutheran Church sometime between 9 p.m. Saturday and 7:30 a.m. Sunday and took the items.
In addition to the safe and communion cup, a Kodak slide projector, a silver service dish, a brass service tray engraved with “In Honor of Harry and Alice Kimmel” and 16 brass candle holders were taken, police said.
Earlier this month, state police said someone threw a rock through a 168-year-old stained glass window at the church, breaking it.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Discipline Pitt’s only optionagainst Georgia Tech
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Deepening U.S. commitment to Kobani ties Obama’s Islamic State effort to Kurds’ fate
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools