Deaths of Somerset County mother, son investigated
State police said Friday they believe the deaths of a Somerset County mother and her son, whose bodies were found Thursday in two locations in the county, are related, but are offering few details about the incident until the investigation is complete.
Dorothy Ernst, 79, was found dead in a remote location along Bluelick Road in Brothersvalley, while her son, Walter D. Ernst, 58, was found dead in a location along Walters Mill Road in Black, according to state police at Somerset.
The incident occurred between 4:30 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. Thursday, police said.
Police said that it may be “a prolonged period of time” until the investigation is completed and all of the evidence is processed.
According to police, there is no danger to the public with regard to the two deaths.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elites, media & character
- Pitt AD Barnes has enjoyed varied career in college sports
- High school notebook: WCCA showcase returns
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Ex-Freeport star dealing with ‘scary’ ailment returns to Mercyhurst baseball team
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Pirates’ Cole reinforces status as emerging ace
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Internal NBC News inquiry finds 11 fibs by anchorman Williams
- Long-awaited bridge expected to be completed in June
- NFL notebook: Sanchez says Eagles signed Tebow as extra arm in camp