Motorcyclist killed at Route 30 intersection
A Somerset County motorcyclist was killed in an accident at a Route 30 intersection about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in Quemahoning Township.
Shawn Luther Hadix, 35, of Central City died after his motorcycle hit two vehicles at the intersection of Route 30 and South Pine Avenue, according to a news release by state police at Somerset.
Hadix was traveling east on Route 30 and went through a red traffic light, police said.
His motorcycle clipped the front end of a van traveling through a green light at Pine Avenue, according to police.
Hadix's motorcycle then hit a car head-on that was stopped in the left-turning lane on the westbound side of Route 30, police said.
Neither the driver of the van nor the driver of the car was injured, according to the release.
Hadix, who was not wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Side roads closed to curb pre-concert problems
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Hazelwood Towers resident hospitalized after fire
- Padres snap Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- Gorman: WPIAL trio triumphs over tragedy
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Pirates notebook: Burnett rediscovers vintage form
- Driver dies, students hurt in school van crash in Indiana County
- Penn State lands 4-star offensive lineman from Reading