Two injured in Somerset County crash
Two people were badly injured in a vehicle crash in Somerset County early Sunday morning.
Driver Manson R. Ansell, 22, of Rockwood and passenger Jennifer R. Jury, 26, of Somerset both sustained severe injuries, according to state police at Somerset.
At about 1:20 a.m. the Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Ansell was traveling south on Route 281 in Milford Township at a high rate of speed when Ansell failed to negotiate a bend, police said. He then corrected the steering wheel and lost control of the vehicle.
The truck crossed the oncoming lane of traffic and hit an embankment. It then continued back across the roadway and rolled over. Both Ansell and Jury were ejected from the vehicle, which came to rest in a cornfield and caught fire.
Police are continuing the investigation and have asked witnesses to call 814-445-4104 with any information.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Experts: If health insurers’ safeguard goes broke, consumers could pay
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- It’s business, but not as usual in Pittsburgh
- Hip science: Rock-star physicists make tough concepts easier to understand
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Elites, media & character
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft