Unidentified driver dies when truck overturns in Somerset County
An unidentified driver was killed Tuesday morning in Somerset County when a pickup truck ran off the road and overturned in a creek in Jenner Township, state police at Somerset said.
County Coroner Wallace Miller said his office must obtain dental records to identify the victim, a process he does not anticipate will be complete until Wednesday.
The driver was southbound on Keyerstown Road about 11:30 a.m. when the Ford F-150 truck went off the road, crossed Wilson Road and went into Beaver Dam Run before overturning on its left side, state police said.
Jennerstown, Boswell and Acosta fire departments assisted police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Discipline Pitt’s only option against Georgia Tech
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Mars Area schools superintendent resigns after short tenure
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Pitt notebook: Chryst didn’t lobby to keep Watt at tight end
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Suspect in Va. disappearance charged in rape
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Steelers players are ready for annual runway turn for charity
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Coping with Kids: New pacifiers helps soothe babies day and night