Somerset County Stonycreek Township Man killed in accident, passenger injured
A man was killed in an accident in Somerset County Thursday after striking two cars in two separate accidents.
Dean William Blough, 48, of Berlin, Pa., was ejected from his car after it flipped several times on Lambertsville Road in Stonycreek Township, according to a news release from state police at Somerset.
About 3:25 p.m. Wednesday, a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt being driven by Blough first passed another car on Stutzmantown Road and struck the driver's side, but continued to travel east, police said.
About 10 minutes later, Blough was driving north on Lambertsville Road “at an apparent high rate of speed” when his car crossed into oncoming traffic, striking a minivan, according to the release.
After Blough lost control of his car, it struck an embankment and flipped several times, police said.
Blough and his passenger, Georgiann Ruschak, 48, of Beallsville, Ohio, were both ejected from the car, according to the release.
Neither were wearing a seat belt, police said.
Ruschak suffered a major injury, while the driver of the minivan, Lynn Frazier, of Central City, was not injured, according to the news release.
Ruschak's condition was not available Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- WHO: Nigeria’s Ebola outbreak is officially over
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial