Somerset County Stonycreek Township Man killed in accident, passenger injured
A man was killed in an accident in Somerset County Thursday after striking two cars in two separate accidents.
Dean William Blough, 48, of Berlin, Pa., was ejected from his car after it flipped several times on Lambertsville Road in Stonycreek Township, according to a news release from state police at Somerset.
About 3:25 p.m. Wednesday, a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt being driven by Blough first passed another car on Stutzmantown Road and struck the driver's side, but continued to travel east, police said.
About 10 minutes later, Blough was driving north on Lambertsville Road “at an apparent high rate of speed” when his car crossed into oncoming traffic, striking a minivan, according to the release.
After Blough lost control of his car, it struck an embankment and flipped several times, police said.
Blough and his passenger, Georgiann Ruschak, 48, of Beallsville, Ohio, were both ejected from the car, according to the release.
Neither were wearing a seat belt, police said.
Ruschak suffered a major injury, while the driver of the minivan, Lynn Frazier, of Central City, was not injured, according to the news release.
Ruschak's condition was not available Thursday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Pennsylvania’s ‘Grand Canyon’ offers something for everyone
- Court attire can have impact, Allegheny, Westmoreland public defenders say
- Pope’s South American homecoming to spotlight poor, environment
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars
- Police again looking for missing 75-year-old man
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 5, 2015
- Conneaut Lake park turnaround to be arduous task
- Egypt foiled extremist ‘state’ in Sinai, president says