Deaths of husband, wife in Somerset County ruled murder-suicide
Authorities have released the names of the husband and wife who died in a murder-suicide in Stonycreek Township.
State police at Somerset said further investigation has disclosed that Michael D. Harkcom, 57, shot his wife, Karen L. Harkcom, 59, twice in the upper chest with a handgun, then shot himself in the head.
The couple's bodies were found in their home along Shanksville Road shortly after noon Monday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette