Police: Drunk man attacked 3 nurses in Somerset County ER
State police have charged a man with attacking three emergency room nurses when he arrived drunk to visit his mother at a Somerset County hospital.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Jeffrey Scott Beeman, 29, of Somerset, who was charged Monday by Somerset Borough police.
Beeman has since been jailed on bench warrants for other unrelated cases, but was still free when he allegedly drank a fifth of whiskey and had a seizure at Somerset Hospital on March 4.
Police say Beeman fought with and threatened three nurses who tried to restrain him. He allegedly punched a female nurse in the face; hit a male nurse in the eye and kicked him in the stomach; and pulled the hair of a second male nurse, before also putting that man into a headlock.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Family-run hardware store back in business after crash
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Elizabeth Township police chief McNeilly resigns
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- Parent claims strike responsible for job loss
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates