Somerset County men charged in drug investigation
A state police investigation into drug activity in southern Somerset County has led to the arrest of two men accused of selling methamphetamine and other drugs from a garage in Addison Township, police said.
Justin Devoe, 34, of Meyersdale, and Michael R. McNabb, 36, of Berlin in Somerset County, were arrested Saturday on multiple drug charges when state police stopped McNabb's vehicle as he was in the process of allegedly delivering drugs to Devoe.
Police said a search of the garage on Mt. Davis Road uncovered about 4 grams of methamphetamine, about 56 grams of marijuana, 27 marijuana plants, drug paraphernalia, two guns and cash.
Also confiscated, according to police, was 1⁄4 ounce of suspected methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia allegedly found during a search of the vehicle McNabb was operating, police said.
Devoe was charged with four counts of possession with intent to manufacture or deliver drugs, while McNabb was charged with one count of the same offense. Both were charged with conspiracy and possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia. McNabb also was charged with possession of marijuana.
Both men were placed in Somerset County Jail, each in lieu of $75,000 bond, after arraignments before Somerset District Judge Kenneth W. Johnson. They are scheduled for preliminary hearings on July 10 before Meyersdale District Judge Douglas Bell.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Preview party kicks off Pizzazz shopping weekend
- Plastics, tech sectors crucial to cracker plants