Police charge women with theft and fraud; one at large
A Somerset County woman was charged in an incident of fraud and theft involving a Boswell man, and police are looking for an alleged accomplice.
According to state police, Samantha Jo Humbert, 28, of Rockwood and Shannon Beth Lester, 37, of Somerset entered the 64-year-old man's residence on June 25.
Police said Humbert distracted the man, while Lester allegedly took two checks from two checkbooks.
The man was defrauded of $1,000, police said.
Last week, charges of conspiracy to commit forgery and conspiracy to commit theft were filed against Humbert with District Judge Susan Mankamyer, and charges of forgery and theft were filed against Lester.
Warrants were issued for both women. Humbert was taken into custody and later freed on $5,000 bail. She faces a preliminary hearing before Mankamyer on July 30.
Anyone with information on Lester's whereabouts is asked to contact police at 814-445-4104.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Energy companies vie for experienced workers with skills in high demand
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process
- Pittsburgh police rescue 1-year-old buckled into stolen car